ROTC offers the Advanced Firefighting Course in accordance with STCW ’78 as amended and IMO Model Course 2.03
- Distribution of tasks and responsibilities;
- Leadership (fire team and overall leadership);
- Obtaining information/ assessment of the situations/ decisions;
- Cooperation with shore firefighting organization during marine;
- Firefighting regarding hazardous substances;
- Techniques regarding optimal ventilation management;
- Latest developments about fire extinguishers and technology;
- Analysis of incidents with a fire on board of ships;
- Practical exercises with specific attention to the overall direction and fire team management and correct implementation of procedures;
- Maintenance management and fire detection equipment.
Prior to participating in practical exercises participants must either:
- Possess an operator approved medical certificate, or
- Undergo medical screening by completing an appropriate medical screening form provided by ROTC;
- Basic English comprehension skills.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 4 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.