ROTC provides high level training meeting industry requirements. ROTC offers Basic Training that is in accordance with STCW ’78 as amended and IMO Model Courses 1.13, 1.19, 1.20 and 1.21.
The training consists of the modules:
- Personal Survival Techniques;
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities;
- Elementary First aid;
- Fire Prevention and firefighting;
The following practice components are provided:
- Exercise with personal and survival craft;
- Maintenance safety equipment;
- Fire drills with fire equipment/ air and using the required extinguishing.
- Exercises regarding emergency procedures;
- First aid and CPR.
Prior to participating in practical exercises participants must either:
- Possess an operator approved medical certificate;
- Basic English comprehension skills are beneficial, but not required.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 8 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.