ROTC offers a Breathing Apparatus Training. This training is intended for persons working both offshore and onshore who might use respiratory protective equipment in a working situation.
- Purpose and operation of the SCBA;
- The respiratory system;
- Setting up and controlling of breathing apparatus (filter, compressed air,);
- Instruction in draped and wearing breathing apparatus;
- Setting up (full) masks;
- Maintenance of the masks;
- Conduct and orientation exercises;
- Practical exercises with breathing mask in shed, training vessel and containers: moving cargo, climbing ladders, blind mask exercises and in bring safety of themselves and others.
- Breathing Technique;
- Purpose and operation of: air cleaner, chemical oxygen apparatus more hour equipment connection, breathing apparatus;
- Preparing and monitoring devices mentioned;
- Instruction in the use of mentioned apparatus;
- Maintenance of the devices mentioned;
- Practical exercise with mentioned apparatus.
Basic English comprehension skills.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 2,5 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.