ROTC offers the Deck Watch Keeping Course in accordance with STCW ’78 as amended.
- Introduction and Maritime Legislation;
- Ship’s Organisation;
- General Ship’s Knowledge & Navigation Bridge Layout;
- Steering and Compass use;
- Keeping a Proper Watch;
- Monitoring & Controlling a Safe Watch;
- Emergency Equipment and Procedures;
- Basic Knowledge in Shipboard situations;
Basic English comprehension skills.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 4 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.