ROTC offers an Environmental Program and Conventions Course. The course is in accordance with IMO Model Course 1.38. The course has been developed for all employees of ports or terminals who are responsible for the enforcement, execution and implementation of maritime environmental legislation in relation to ship/shore interaction and vessel management. Or to those who are interested in the subject in general.
Topics that will be addressed during the course are:
- Shipping, Ports and the Environment;
- MARPOL (Maritime Pollution) Convention;
- IBC (International Bulk Chemical) Code;
- Bunker Procedures;
- Ballast Water Procedures;
- Garbage Management;
- Shore Receptions;
- Ship Recycling;
- Crisis Management.
- Basic English comprehension skills.
- A minimum of high school level education or equivalent level of work experience in the field.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 3 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.