ROTC offers a Gas Measurement and Working in Confined Spaces Course. This course is designed for participants working in conditions that could include flammable and/or toxic gases and acids. The course is offered in a confined spaces work environment.
Topics that will be addressed during the course are:
- Rules and regulations;
- Hazard recognition;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Control measurements;
- Physical properties of substances (fire, explosion limits, toxicity, vapour pressure, boiling point, relative vapour density etc.);
- Theory of gas measurement and oxygen meters (measurement protocol, measuring principle, limit, place of measurement);
- Practical Exercises;
- Working conditions legislation on gas measurements and oxygen measurements;
- Emergency Procedures (entering & evacuation);
- Permit procedures.
Basic English comprehension skills.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 2 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.