ROTC offers a course that covers the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code. The course is in accordance with IMO Model Course 1.10. The course addresses use and application of the English International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) code including the requirements for carriage of dangerous goods in packaged form, including portable tanks, tankers and bulk containers.
The course includes the following topics:
- International organization and international and national regulations;
- Hazard characteristics;
- Structure of the rules;
- Classification of dangerous substances;
- Identification of hazardous substances;
- Special provisions;
- Use of packaging, tanks and bulk containers;
- Construction and testing of packaging and bulk containers;
- Marking and labelling of containers and transport units;
- Information required in the transport document;
- Separation (prohibitions on mixed loading);
- Responsible formalisms of the parties involved in the transport;
- Emergency procedures and first aid measures.
Basic English comprehension skills.
Duration & Start Date
Basic English comprehension skills are beneficial, but not required. If necessary, a translator will be present;
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.