ROTC offers a Port Facility Security officer that is in accordance with IMO Model Course 3.21 This course is designed for all personnel responsible for and involved in port and terminal security.
The course is highly relevant for employees of the Terminal Security Department who are going to be Port Facility Security Officers.
Topics that will be addressed during the course are:
- ISPS Code and National and International Requirements;
- Creating and Maintaining the Port Facility Security Plan;
- Emergency Action Plans;
- Communication, Security Administration and Annual Report;
- Port Security Levels and Risk Assessment;
- Search Mechanisms and Security Controls.
- Working experience in the field is a benefit;
- A minimum of high school level education or equivalent level of two years of work experience in the field;
- Basic English comprehension skills are beneficial, but not required If necessary, a translator will be present.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 2 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed at the premises of ROTC in Pemba, courses may also be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Accommodation could be arranged onsite at ROTC Pemba;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.