ROTC offers a Rubber Tired Gantry Crane Driver Course. This course has been developed for inexperienced RTG drivers. This course aims to get inexperienced drivers at the same level as their experienced colleagues within a relative short period of time.
Topics that will be addressed during the course are:
- Roles of the Terminal’s Logistic Process;
- Layout of (Container-) Yards;
- Types and Purposes of Rubber-Tired Gantry Cranes;
- Stability of Rubber-Tired Gantry Cranes;
- Hoisting materials;
- Safe Working;
- Daily Checks and Maintenance;
- Team Work;
- Practice Driving and Handling.
Prior to participating in practical exercises participants must either:
- Working experience on forklift and/or reach stacker is a benefit;
- An active learning attitude and ability to work in teams;
- Basic English comprehension skills are beneficial, but not required If necessary, a translator will be present;
- A minimum of High School level education.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 15 days (inexperienced drivers). A short training for experienced drivers takes place in 5 days. Please also refer to the Tailor-Made section below. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Client to provide all relevant equipment, PPE and facilities;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.