ROTC offers a Ship-to-Shore Crane Driver Course. This course has been developed for inexperienced STS Crane drivers. This course aims to get inexperienced drivers at the same level as their experienced colleagues within a relative short period of time.
Topics that will be addressed during the course are:
- Roles of the Terminal’s Logistic Process;
- Types and Purposes of STS (Ship-to-Shore) Cranes;
- Hoisting Equipment;
- General Knowledge of Vessels;
- General Knowledge of Lashing;
- Safe Working;
- Planning and Automation;
- Daily Checks and Maintenance;
- Team Work;
- Practice Driving and Handling.
- A minimum of high school level education;
- An active learning attitude and ability to work in teams;
- Competence in the English language (reading and understanding) is a benefit, but not a condition. If necessary, a translator will be present.
Duration & Start Date
The course duration is 10 days (inexperienced drivers). A short training for experienced drivers takes place in 5 days. Please contact ROTC for the course schedule.
Please contact us for further details.
- Training is provided in Portuguese and/or English;
- Courses will be executed in-company or at an alternative training location;
- Client to provide all relevant equipment, PPE and facilities;
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a ROTC Certificate of Proficiency.